Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Best Job Ever!!!

So today I was scheduled to substitute teach 11th grade English at Penn High School. I was pretty stoked about this job for multiple reasons:
  1. I thought there was a pretty good chance that I might be able to do some reading on the job.
  2. If I actually had to do some teaching, high school English is a subject that I knew I would really enjoy teaching. (If I had pursued teaching as a vocation, I think I would have chosen either high school English or History).
Well, I showed up to the job bright and early, only to find that there was a student teacher in my classroom! She was in charge of everything, and I was just being paid to be a "presence" in the classroom, I was told. Translation: just sit at the desk over in the corner and keep quiet! So, including three block classes and a two hour lunch/prep period, I got in almost 7 hours of solid reading time today, AND GOT PAID FOR IT!!! How awesome is that?!?!?

3 comments:

brea persing said...

yep...been doing that since September!

Emily Edison said...

Sounds pretty nice! Glad you had a good experience.

Tara said...

the cramer - you lead a charmed life!