Saturday, March 15, 2008

Introspection on Israel: Part III

Day 2: The Old City
The morning and afternoon of the second day was free time to just travel around Jerusalem. Robert, Adrienne, and I decided to go check out the Old City, which is within the original ancient walls of Jerusalem in Jesus' day. Here are some of the highlights...

This is the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Pretty much anywhere something important in Jesus' life is believed to have occurred, the Catholics have come along and built a huge church. This is where many Catholics believe Jesus was crucified.

Inside the church, this is where it is believed that Jesus' body was laid and prepared for burial. The Catholics come here and kiss the rock. They also often wipe the rock with a cloth because they believe the rock contains healing power which can be transferred into their cloth. Hmmm...not sure I'm buying that one...

Some interesting veggies in the marketplace. Can't say that I tried the pink cauliflower.

Walking through the marketplace.

We found these mangy cats, which Adrienne couldn't help but play with. In unrelated news, she later contracted 30 life-threatening diseases known only to be carried by Jerusalem street cats.

In the words of John Mayer, "I wanna run through the halls of my high school, I wanna scream at the top of my lungs!"

We snuck into this school ground and got this sweet view of the Dome of the Rock.

Some of the churches along the Via Dolorosa (Way of Suffering).

My first camel experience...with the only camel in Jerusalem! More from him later...

I hope you're enjoying the pics, but stay tuned because coming soon I will begin sharing some of the incredible things we learned during our conference...

3 comments:

tdl said...

I am now a subscriber to the AC to the MAX blog!

T-Money

Anonymous said...

Hey Chico,
I love seeing the pics of your time in Israel and look forward to hearing more about the conference. You've had quite the travels lately! What an awesome experience! When are you coming to Mexico? :)

Adam Cramer said...

T-

I'm honored and also looking forward to the day when you rejoin the blogosphere!


Sech-

Hmmm...a trip to Mexico sounds like fun! We'll see... :)