Saturday, January 24, 2009

2 Weeks Later...

Well, I've been here for about 15 days now. I apologize for not keeping you all more up to date, but the internet here is terrible, and my access is limited. I just wanted to briefly let you all know that 1) I am still alive! and 2) I absolutely love it here! As I got on the plane two weeks ago, alone and quite unsure of what my immediate future held, I remember thinking, "What am I getting myself into?" Leaving my comfort zone of family, friends, home, security was the hardest thing I have ever done, but I look back now only two weeks later and see all of the things I would have missed out on had I stayed. The community here at J-Life is incredible, and God is working in all of our lives here. There are about 45 young men and women going through the training here, from all different backgrounds and 10 different countries. It is such a diverse group of people coming together under one vision: creating disciple-making movements in the youth of Africa. I have made many new and close friends here in such a short time. I am picking up on several new languages: Afrikaans, Zulu, Swahili, and French to name a few. God is moving in my life, as I am seeing a greater picture of His Kingdom and devoting myself to Him more each day. Please, keep praying for me as I continue to seek God's will for my future. He is definitely giving me a heart for Africa, and we will see where that leads! I miss you all, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers, Mates.

AC

No comments: