Friday, January 9, 2009

Alive in South Africa!

Thanks for all of your prayers. I arrived safely in Johannesburg, South Africa about an hour ago--along with all of my luggage...praise God! I'll be waiting here, guarding my luggage for two more hours before my ride arrives.

It was very tough saying goodbye to so many of you over the last week. Between saying goodbye to the youth and friends at church on Sunday, to the goodbyes with my family Wednesday night, to my last goodbye with Adrienne at the airport Thursday morning, I have shed more than my fair share of tears this week. However, it is good to finally be here, and I am adjusting my thoughts to my purpose here, to grow and learn and expand God's kingdom in any way that He chooses to use me. Don't worry, though, I won't be forgetting all of you back home anytime soon. In fact, I would love to hear from all of you as often as possible. I may not always be able to respond quickly, depending on the availability of the Internet here, but it's important to me to hear from friends back home and share this journey with all of you.

Well, that's all for now. This could very well be my last post for a while...tomorrow we are leaving for a Survivor-esque experience out in the bush! Lions and tigers and AC, oh my!

6 comments:

D said...

Glad to hear you made it okay, especially with my dear guitar. Take care of her for me (j/k, j/k). Hope you were able to write this post and ward off thieves at the same time!

Hope you enjoy your African safari. Peace.

Anonymous said...

We are glad to see you made it safely. We are praying for you, and will continue to do so while you are gone. God Bless!

Chad A. Loucks said...

Hey buddy! Keep bringing the Kingdom. Love you.

D said...

Yo, Max. You still alive in South Africa? What's going down?

[Isn't this your primary means of communication with us staties?]

Adam Cramer said...

hey bro, still alive and kickin it down here. internet is super jank tho. got lots of stories to tell...snake attacks and tarantvlas...meeting lots of cool people too. wish i could write more but it will have to wait for now. hope all is well back at the motherland. peace and love. -max

Anonymous said...

AC,

I was finally able to check out your blog! We are praying for you! Adrienne gave us an update last Sunday. Glad to hear things are going well. Take care and God Bless!

MRE #10