Sunday, February 15, 2009

Goals for 2009

The following are some of the goals that I have set for myself for this year:

Personal Goals:
  • Run 3-5 times a week
  • Run a marathon (yikes!)
  • Build two long-lasting friendships with Africans (a month later, this goal seems to be way too low)
  • Read 12 books (1/month)

Spiritual Goals:
  • Read through the Bible twice.
  • Memorize at least 1 whole book of the Bible (probably James or Colossians).
  • Spend time alone with God daily
  • Fast once a month
So far, I am doing great at keeping up with these goals. Granted, it is only February, but at least I've made it this far! Just yesterday, I ran over 9 miles...and not just any 9 miles...mountain miles! I have already read one book, Great Commission Companies, a good read on combining business and missions, and I am currently halfway through the book Love and Respect. I am building many strong relationships here. I am also consuming more Scripture than ever before in my life, and I'm sharpening my memorization skills (nearly done memorizing Romans 8). I will try to keep you all posted throughout the year as to how I do with these goals!

1 comment:

Breuer Adventures said...

Awesome! It is great to see all that God is doing in your life while you are there. Let us know what you decide to memorize and we might try to also. Last year I memorized Colossians 3, so I would like to do the whole book.