Monday, March 8, 2010

Update on My Dad

Many people have been asking how my dad is doing. For those of you who don't know, my dad has been battling cancer in his spine and tailbone for more than two years now. This past week, he received some more discouraging news. The cancer has recently spread into his lungs, where numerous tumors are growing. As if that wasn't enough, he continues to battle excruciating pain, especially in his hips. The doctors are still trying to figure out the source of that pain. I know that many of you are prayer warriors.

Please pray...
  • for my dad to receive a Spirit of encouragement during these discouraging times
  • for my mom to remain strong during these difficult times, as she has for two years now
  • for supernatural wisdom for the doctors to know what drugs to use and how to best fight off these aggressive cancer cells
  • for complete healing. We serve a God who loves to restore the broken and has the POWER to do so! "Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. 'I am willing,' he said. 'Be clean!' And immediately the leprosy left him." (Luke 5:13)
  • for God's will to be done...that however He chooses to "heal" my dad might ultimately bring Him all the glory.
My dad, brother, and me in Wisconsin a few years back.

Urgent Update: I just got a call from my dad. The pain has become unbearable; something is wrong. My dad is checking into the hospital this afternoon to try to get the pain under control and figure out what's going on. Keep praying!!!