Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tough Days Ahead

My family continues to receive overwhelming support from family and friends during these difficult times. Thanks so much to all of you who have offered words of encouragement, and thanks especially to those who continue to intercede on behalf of my dad. It means so much. This is the latest news on his health.

In recent weeks, due to his bed-ridden state, my dad developed a nasty pressure sore on his lower back. Over time, the sore began to grow and then became infected. On Monday, my dad was admitted back into the hospital and was in very critical condition. We almost lost him Monday night, but praise God the antibiotics fought off the infection that threatened his life. He has spent the past few days in the hospital, barely hanging on to life. He seems to struggle with nearly every breath, and his mind really seems to be going on him as well. I was, however, able to have one good conversation with him on Tuesday in which he shared with me his last "pearls of wisdom" for me. I will cherish those forever.

Today my dad will be taken by ambulance back home, where hospice will take over care of him. His desire is to die at home. At this point, the doctors say he could go any day. I would be surprised if he makes it another week. These are very difficult times for our family, and it looks like there will be even tougher days ahead.

Please pray:
  • for a spirit of peace to overwhelm my dad and my family during this time
  • for my dad's spirit--that he would be prepared to meet the Lord
  • for the Lord to release my dad from his pain
  • for my mom--she suffers with my dad
  • for a miracle. Our God is all-powerful!
Thanks so much, and I love you all!

Adam

What a blessing it has been to be a part of this family!

4 comments:

Jason Thompson said...

Adam, your dad is an amazing man. Being a young dad and in ministry, I am often looking for Godly men who are great dads to model my life after and to encourage other guys to model their lives after. These type of men usually stick out because of the way I see their children living their own lives as teenagers and then as adults.

It's easy to fool people in public, but you can't fool your own kids. They will know the real "man" and will be greatly impacted by it, whether good or bad.

So, for your dad to father 4 children who each love God and are passionately following Him, tells me everything I need to know about the type of man and father that Denny Cramer is. He's one of a dying breed of truly Godly men in our culture.

There's no doubt that his life and legacy will live on far beyond his time spent here on this earth.

The Thompsons are praying for you guys!

Britney said...

praying, praying, praying.

Diane said...

We are praying for you and your family Adam!

Jen said...

praying, adam. thanks for keeping us updated. peace~