Monday, April 28, 2008

Gender Genie

So there's this interesting website called Gender Genie that lets you paste any text into a text box, and then tells you using some fancy pants algorithm whether the author of the text is a male or female. I'm easily amused, so I decided to give it a shot, putting my blog to the gender test. So I pasted the text from my previous post, "Encouraging Words," and the result was overwhelming that I, apparently, am a female writer! (apparently the fact that I talked about myself and actually wrote my name, Adam, was not enough of a dead giveaway in the world of algorithms!) Yikes...

The implications? Perhaps males are less encouraging than females...or maybe I just write like a girl? I don't like either of these options. Sooo...I proceeded to paste the entire text from the first page of my blog, and here were the results:

Female Score: 1814
Male Score: 2039

The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: male!

Whew. I guess I can be secure in my manhood again, although the margin was a little too close for comfort!!!

**Link love to Kara for passing on this website.**

No comments: