Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Fam

Tonight, my sister, Sarah, and her hubby, Nick, are heading back down to Mexico where they serve as missionaries. Before they left, our family had a meaningful time of praying for one another and committing this next year to the Lord. Sadly, this may have been our last time to be together as an entire family for almost another full year.

Being away from my family this past year, I've certainly learned to value time with them a lot more, and God has really opened my eyes to how blessed I am to be a part of such an incredible family. Each member of my immediate family loves and serves the Lord, something that doesn't seem too common nowadays. I'm blessed with parents who have shown me what it means to love the Lord with all their hearts and fully trust Him, even in the midst of some very hard times, and I'm blessed with siblings who encourage and challenge me in my faith. It's tough to know that we won't all be together again soon, but I'm excited to see what God does in and through my family as we all collectively and individually strive to know Him better and to serve Him wholeheartedly literally all over the world this next year.

Our family picture this year. This was our annual family "game day," which was held on the day after Christmas this year. My brother-in-law, Michael, supplied the "Lancer Basketball" T-shirts, so we can now all support his LaVille Lancer high school basketball team, which he coaches. Notice the stark contrast between Michael (bald, clean-shaven guy on the far left) and me (hairy guy next to him)!

No comments: