Thursday, April 29, 2010

Update on My Dad

My family has continued to receive an outpouring of love and prayers from many people as we walk through this difficult time with my dad's health. Here's the latest update so that you can be praying more specifically.

My dad has continued to suffer in excruciating pain as the tumors press up against nerve clusters in his back. A major prayer of ours for some time now has been that he would receive relief from that pain. God willing, that prayer will be granted today through a minor surgery. My dad will be having surgery later this afternoon to receive a pain pump. Basically, a small incision will be made in his abdomen to place a pump inside him, with a tube wrapping around under his skin to his back, where most of the pain occurs. The pump will be filled with meds which will be released directly to the point of pain in my dad's back. With this built-in pump, relief from the pain should be as easy as simply pressing a button.

Please pray...
  • that my dad's frail body (he's lost about 90 lbs) will have strength to make it through this minor surgery
  • that this new form of medication will relieve much of the pain that my dad has been enduring for so long
  • that the doctors might have wisdom throughout this procedure and in the days ahead
  • for restful, sleep-filled nights for both my dad and my mom
  • for HEALING!
Thanks again to all of you who are praying. You are such an encouragement to my family and to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Adam.

I love you!

Mom