Thursday, May 27, 2010

Currently Reading, Currently Writing

I'm currently reading a book called On Writing Well, by William Zinsser. I've always considered myself a fairly good writer, but I've recently realized just how much I don't know about writing. Just a few chapters into this book, I'm learning a ton, and it's a really enjoyable read.

I'm also currently in the process of publishing an article with Youth Specialties on "contextual youth ministry." I just sent my first draft of the article to the editor yesterday, and it should be published in their online journal in June. I'll be sure to send out a link when it gets published.

2 comments:

Terry Linhart said...

That's good book! I also read and re-read the book "The First Five Pages" by Noah Lukeman. It leans toward Fiction writing, but it never fails to improve my thinking about how to write.

Britney said...

I will have to look for that book. Thanks for the recommendation.