Thursday, May 6, 2010

Prayer Warriors

Dear Friends and Prayer Warriors,

As many of you might already know, my dad has been battling cancer for about two and a half years now. Throughout much of this time, he has been experiencing extreme amounts of pain as the cancer eats away at his bones and presses up against nerve clusters in his back. At the same time, up until this week, his doctors remained optimistic that they could keep the cancer under control. Two days ago, however, we received the news that we were hoping to never hear: the cancer is out of control, there is no longer anything the doctors can do, and my dad has about 6 months left to live. This was obviously a devastating blow for my dad and for our entire family. In this situation, we are forced even more desperately onto our knees to pray for God's miraculous touch.

I'm writing all of you to ask that you join me as an army of prayer warriors interceding on behalf of my dad. I'm asking you to join with me in believing Jesus' words in Mark 10:27: "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." You are all my brothers and sisters in Christ, and I'm asking you to help carry this heavy burden with my family and me.

Here are some specific ways you can be praying:

  • Pray for relief from the intense pain that my dad experiences on a daily basis.
  • Pray for strength for my dad. He has lost about 100 lbs. now, and he can barely walk.
  • Pray for strength for my mom. She has faithfully remained by my dad's side through all of this, often enduring sleepless, pain-filled nights alongside him.
  • Pray that both my mom and dad can find moments of rest and peace during these difficult times.
  • Pray that if these are our last few months with my dad, that they would be filled with meaningful and joy-filled experiences for my family.
  • Pray that the Lord would intercede with a miraculous touch, for HIS glory!!!

Please take time, even now, to bring these requests before the Lord! He hears our prayers!

Blessings,

Adam

3 comments:

Melissa said...

ditto... taking some time now.

Diane said...

Dave & I will keep your dad, mom and you in our prayers!

Tricia said...

Adam, first I'd like to thank you for your blog. Please know how much your dad, mom and entire family is loved. We are praying that your dad receives some relief from his intense pain and that your mom remains strong as she stands by his side, feeling all his pain. Please know we are here if there is anything we can do for any of you - please don't hesitate to call on us. 6 months is hard to hear and sounds like such a short time, but I know you will all experience a lifetime of strength and love and wonderful memories and the blessing of Gods peace during this time. All our love to you!