Monday, August 10, 2009

Another Trip to Durban

Throughout my time in South Africa thus far, the Durban/Pietermaritzburg area has become one of my favorite places to visit. As if Durban's warm climate and beautiful beaches on the Indian Ocean weren't enough to make me love it down there, I've also got close friends from the U.S. living down there, not to mention some good friends working on J-Life ministry teams in churches there. All that to say, I love that place! So, I made sure Adrienne got a chance to experience it while she was here. We spent ten days down there, staying with our friends Josh and Jamie and their family in Pietermaritzburg, while also often making the one-hour commute to Durban to spend time with the J-Life teams...and, of course, sneak in a couple trips to the beach! Enjoy the pics.

Mthobisi, Josh, and I proudly waving our American flags, as the U.S. Soccer Team made a great run at the Confederations Cup Championship in South Africa. (The U.S. lost to Brazil in the final).

Hangin' with a few of the Quarandillo kiddos:
Jordyn, Haley, and Raja.

Adrienne and me at the beach in Durban.

Hiking to a waterfall at Cumberland Nature Reserve.

More hiking at Cumberland.

No comments: