Wednesday, August 12, 2009

STeM: Part 3

Relationships

One of the best parts about short-term missions are the relationships that are built within the community where you are ministering. I was able to really connect with a young guy from Mozambique named Manuel. I met Manuel, or M'Easy as he likes to be called, at a park where he was dominating some other guys in basketball. We connected through basketball and quickly became friends. Manuel then began to hang out with our group daily, coming to our youth services at the church, working at an orphanage with us, and really digging into ministry with us. One of my highlights of the trip was the relationship that I was able to build with Manuel over just a few days, and it has been great to stay connected with him since we left the community. I'm hoping to head back to Joburg again soon to hang out with M'Easy and keep up the friendship that has been started.

Adrienne, M'Easy, and me chillin' at an orphanage in Berea.

I was also lucky enough to make a "little friend" while I was in Berea. Meet my little buddy, M'Pho!

No comments: