Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Top 25 Places: #s 25-21

In honor of my 25 years of existence, I've compiled a list of my 25 favorite places that I have visited in the world. And, since it was nearly impossible to rank these places, I simply put them in reverse chronological order, starting with places that I have recently visited and moving backwards. Enjoy!

#25. Zanzibar
September 2009
Spent a weekend exploring there with a couple good friends. Beautiful island, interesting culture, great people, incredible food!


#24. Tanzania
September 2009
Taught youth ministry classes there for almost 3 weeks. Tanzanians are some of the friendliest people I have ever met!


#23. Zimbabwe
August 2009
Helped lead a short-term mission trip there. Zimbabwe is one of the poorest countries in the world, torn apart by 30 years of dictatorial rule. Still, the people are resilient and also among the friendliest people I have ever met.


#22. Namibia
August 2009
Took a short-term mission trip there with my church from South Africa. I never knew the desert could be so beautiful!


#21. Kruger National Park, South Africa
July 2009
Spent a weekend safari there. Kruger is one of the most incredible national parks in the world. We saw lions, elephants, rhino, giraffe, hippos, crocodiles, monkeys, water buffalo, fish eagles, and a whole lot more!