Friday, May 15, 2009

Cape Town or Bust!!!

With the mass exodus of people leaving the farm, I decided that maybe I should take a break and get away as well. So, on short notice, I decided to join the Linharts on an adventure to Cape Town, South Africa, said to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Our journey began last Friday, when we left the farm in a van with the motto of "Cape Town or Bust!" My personal preference was Cape Town, but unfortunately that day ended with a "bust" in the form of a broken-down van (with memories of trips in the St. Mark vans flooding my mind!). After an entire day stranded at a gas station in Kroonstad, the van was resurrected with this piece of advice from the mechanic: go back to where you came from!

After much deliberation, Plan B was set into place. So, last weekend, we flew down to Cape Town, where I am currently writing. It's been a great week hanging out with the Linhart family, being tourists in an incredible city, and chillaxin' a bit after an intense four months of training. Here are some pics from our adventures so far...

Chillin' at the auto shop in Kroonstad...glad I brought a book!

The view in the morning from our flat in Simon's Town, 
just outside of Cape Town.

The famous Table Mountain in Cape Town.

"Look, mom, a really big wave!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!"

No comments: