Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm A Big Loser

That's right...I have lost A LOT of weight since arriving in Africa four months ago--somewhere in the range of 20 lbs. or so. I'm currently weighing in at or just under 200 lbs. for the first time since high school...crazy. 

In related news, I've been running like crazy for a few months now. This past Friday I did something I never thought I would do. I got up at 3:30AM, drove 2 hours away to Pretoria, the capital of South Africa, and actually paid money to run. I entered the 32K race (that's 20 miles, for you North Americans). Believe it or not, I really enjoyed the run. I ran a consistent pace the whole way and finished in about 3 hours. I think at this point I am definitely ready for a marathon, so I'll be looking to sign up for one here soon!

In unrelated news, I've embraced more of a rugged look since arriving in Africa. Here's a recent photo. Enjoy...

3 comments:

D said...

I like the headband.

Nick and Sarah said...

I'm proud of you, Adam. For the run, that is :)

Emily Edison said...

That's amazing Adam! Who would have thought you'd be such a distance runner?