Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Let the little children come to me..."

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." (Luke 18:16)

It was such a blessing to be able to work with the children in Chihota. No matter where I go in the world, I'm always amazed at the energy and excitement that little kids have. They are always quick to smile and laugh, and despite the poverty that many kids--like the little Zimbabwean children--face each day, they always seem to have a resilient spirit that finds joy in even the toughest of circumstances. Here are some of the kids that stole my heart in Chihota.

We took this picture with the kiddos right after the Sunday church service. Unfortunately, I bent down to pick up one of the little guys right as the camera flashed!

We rounded up this group of children for VBS every morning.

Teddy and me with some of the precious little children.

A few of the children that we spent time with every day. The two on the left, Precious (pink shirt) and baby Gracious, were the daughters of our host family.

Teddy sure has a way with children!

I'm not much for changing dirty diapers (maybe someday), but I sure like holding the little guys!

Our Sunday School "class."


I learned a lot from these kids, and it was just a blessing to spend time with them each day. May we never forget to pray that God would protect these children and raise up a generation of young people around the world who are passionately in love with Him!

2 comments:

Breuer Adventures said...

Adam Cramer teaching VBS!!
I love it!!!
Is there no end to your talents?
Thanks for all of the updates. It is great to hear how God is working around the world. Especially as I think about how easy I have it here.

Linda

Kim Gerring said...

Adam,
Kathy and I really appreciate your sharing these pics of Ted.
We wondered each day he was gone how it was going and what he was doing. Of course now that he is home we have heard it from him.
I know Ted is totally blessed to have been able to take time and go be there with you. We even got to see your cell phone comercial rendition. VERY GOOD! We know that you are making a difference in Gods Kingdom. We thank you for that and your giving of yourself to the work He has given you. Look forward to seeing you when you return. Meanwhile we will keep you in prayer and give God praise for you and your placing the gifts he has given you to advance His Kingdom.
You are one who went beyond getting God in your life to your getting in His life.
With His Love and Grace we bless you.
Kim and Kathy