Thursday, September 10, 2009

Reconnecting with Friends

One of the bonuses for being involved in the Zimbabwe STeM was that I got to reconnect with several of my friends who went through the 4-months of J-Life training with me at the beginning of the year. These guys are all top-notch people who impact the world for Christ wherever they go. I am constantly challenged and encouraged by each one them to persevere in my ministry. It was such a blessing to see these guys again!

This is my buddy, Munya Takawira, from Zim. He's been sighted on my blog before--you might remember him as one of my fellow convicts during African Realities. Munya was gracious enough to let Ted and me stay at his home in Harare during the STeM training. It was awesome to see first-hand the ministry that Munya is doing in Harare.

It was also cool to introduce Ted to some of my good friends. Ted got to know Vusi pretty well in Zim, as Vusi led our ministry practical in Chihota. Vusi is one of the most gifted leaders I have ever met, and I'm convinced that he will be one of my life-long friends.

Ted, Auntie Kathy, and me hanging with my good friends from Malawi, Praise and Anthony. Praise was my roommate at J-Life when I first arrived to South Africa. These guys came down from Malawi to join in the Zimbabwe STeM, with the intention of running their own STeM in Malawi later this year.

Ted, Praise, Tara, Me, and our new friend from Zim, Nigel.

No comments: