Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mission to Unreached Areas Church

As most of you probably know, I recently spent two and a half weeks in Tanzania. For those of you who might not know your African geography very well (it's okay, I didn't know Africa very well until I got here), Tanzania is quite a large country in East Africa, just south of Kenya. Here's a map to help you visualize where I was. Along with my friend and fellow J-Life staff member, Bhuti, I flew into the capital of Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, right on the coast of the Indian Ocean. From there, we traveled inland a couple hours to a small town called Mlandizi. In Swahili, "Mlandizi" means "one who eats bananas."

In Mlandizi, we partnered with an incredible ministry called the Mission to Unreached Areas Church. They have planted over 300 churches in the unreached tribes and villages of Tanzania. We stayed at their headquarters in Mlandizi, where they also run a missions training school, a mercy house for abandoned and disabled elderly women, and an orphanage for abandoned and abused young boys. It was such a blessing to see the incredible impact they are making for the kingdom of God!

At the Mission to Unreached Areas Church headquarters in Mlandizi, with Biggie (left) and Zepha (middle). Biggie is the J-Life Tanzania leader, and Zepha served as my translator throughout my time in Tanzania. These guys are awesome!

No comments: