Tuesday, September 8, 2009

On the Road Again...

Tomorrow morning I leave with Bhuti, another one of the J-Life South Africa leaders, for Tanzania and Zanzibar. You might be wondering, "Why all the traveling?" Well, every trip is different and has its own goals and purposes. On this specific trip, we will be teaching at a training center that J-Life has planted in Tanzania. Every 6 weeks, for the entire year, a group of young pastors and leaders comes together to receive ministry training. Over the next 2 weeks, we will be teaching several ministry courses. Some of the courses I wrote myself, while others are J-Life materials. I will be teaching courses in Relational Ministry, The Church as a Medium for Discipling Youth, Spiritual Leadership, and Recruiting Leaders.

I could use a lot of prayer as I head into this next phase:

  • Please pray that I would again be given the energy needed to do what God has called me to do. I feel like I am just now getting my feet back under me after the Zimbabwe trip, and this trip may be a great challenge for me physically and mentally.
  • Please pray that the Spirit would empower me to clearly and effectively teach and train others.
  • Pray that lives would be changed, and the Church in Tanzania would be mobilized for God's kingdom.
Thanks to all of you who faithfully keep me in your prayers. I truly believe that my ministry would not be effective without your partnership in prayer. Thank you, and may God bless you.

No comments: